The Best Gingerbread Dog Treat Recipe
Stop the press! Yes, I can announce, I’ve found the best gingerbread dog treat recipe of all time. And wouldn’t you know it’s just in time for Christmas in July! Nothing says Happy Holidays like an easy Christmas dog treat recipe! So if you and your pooch are feeling festive here’s how you make your own yummy Gingerbread Dog Biscuits…
1 and 1/4 Cups Water
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Molasses
2 Tablespoons Honey
3 Cups Organic Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 Tablespoon finely chopped Fresh Ginger
2 Large Bowls
Mixing and measuring utensils
Gingerbread Cookie Cutter
1. Get two large bowls. In one bowl combine the water, olive oil, molasses and honey. In the second bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, cloves and finely chopped ginger.
2. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix until all are combined.
3. Divide the dough into two, wrap and refrigerate for minimum 3.5 hours.
4. Once chilled, remove dough from fridge and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness (less than a centimetre).
5. Pre-heat oven to 180 C (350 F).
6. Use your Gingerbread Cookie Cutter to cut out the biscuits. Place on baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes.